Sunday, February 2, 2014

Weekend Challenge Takes on the 29 Faces Challenge for the Month of February!

It's late Sunday evening, and we've had a long weekend with my dad back in the hospital.  I know God has a plan for every moment of our lives, but it is so hard to watch him suffer.  Thanks to friends and family for the many prayers that are being prayed.

On the art side of things, I finally remembered the 29 Faces Art Challenge before the 28th day of the challenge!  If you're up for it, just tap on the button on the sidebar.  A face a day for the entire month of February.

Challenge:

Join us for the 29 Faces Challenge!  Now, of course, I must challenge you to use that to be fruitful!

  • Create a face a day this week!
  • Make at least one of the faces a drawing, painting, etc. - 2D
  • Scan your work.
  • Grab some notecard blanks, some decorative paper, and some ribbon.
  • Print some copies of your faces onto cardstock.
  • Think of inspirational words or scripture that would be uplifting to others.
  • Get busy and make some awesome cards!
Once you've done the work, now it's time to share.  You could write notes to friends and send the cards, or better yet, make a gift set of cards to give to someone just because...

So, how have my 29 Faces started?
I already started a little behind, as I forgot about the Challenge until today.  That's ok, though...I did a super, quick little 'toon sketch that really should have hit File 13 and did a pencil sketch of an Indian chief.  With time being short, I made a couple of rules for myself today - work quick and leave the eraser on the bench!  This is what came to be...


 And my "cheater" face to get caught up!!


May God's Word be a Lamp to your feet this week!

8 comments:

  1. both fab - but the first one is BEAUTIFUL done with all the shading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words! Just after I started the challenge, my dad had some major health problems, and I was not able to continue to play. Maybe next round! Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope you'll drop back by!
      God bless,
      Sherry

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Clare! I appreciate you visiting my posts!

      Delete
  3. Great expressions. I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ileana! I didn't get to play through the Challenge this time due to dad's health, but I finally have a day where I can sit down at my computer and relax. I appreciate you commenting and visiting my blog. I hope you come back again!
      God bless,
      Sherry

      Delete
  4. Brave of you to leave your eraser behind. Welcome to the challenge!
    Http://mimitabby.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, thank you for visiting my blog and commenting! I hope you'll drop back by! I didn't get to finish the challenge, so I hope we play again in the fall. I finally have a day where I can sit down for a few minutes, so I'm blog hopping to see what everyone created. I'll be dropping in today!
      God bless,
      Sherry

      Delete

Howdy Do! Glad you stopped by!